As part of Eisai’s commitment to the epilepsy community, we teamed up with jumo, enlisting their signature comic book line, Medikidz®, which uses animated superheroes to explain medical conditions to children by providing accurate and engaging information for young people and their families. The content is written by leading clinical specialists and graphic novelists, peer-reviewed by key opinion leaders (KOLs) and endorsed by professional and patient advocacy groups.
Eisai is proudly supporting jumo to bring information about epilepsy to patients and their families, and is looking forward to adding a sixth book to the series which will highlight and educate about the journey in transitioning from pediatric care to adult care, an experience that young people with epilepsy and their families will encounter.
- Medikidz Explain Epilepsy – The first installment of the series, which follows Jack on his journey with the Medikidz to learn all about epilepsy.
- Medikidz Explain Seizure Assistance Dogs – A story about Joel’s experience with his seizure-assistance dog, Flame.
- Medikidz Explain Living With Epilepsy – A story about Megan, who quickly turned her diagnosis into an opportunity to advocate for, and inspire those, living with epilepsy through her vlog and social media network.
- Medikidz Explain Playing Sports With Epilepsy – A story about Hannah who despite living with epilepsy, continues her life as an athlete. Here, she meets U.S. Olympic hockey player, Chanda Gunn to hear about her personal journey with sports and epilepsy.
- Medikidz Explain Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) – A story about a seven-year-old boy named Jackson who lives with LGS, told through his sister Tenley’s perspective.
The Medikidz® superheroes have traveled with the Eisai team to numerous advocacy events including walks, conferences, and sporting events. Eisai and jumo are committed to providing information through Medikidz® to help patients and their families understand epilepsy.
Medikidz, its characters, designs, and artwork, Jumo and the jumo motion logo are jointly owned trademarks of Medikidz USA, Inc. © 2017 Medikidz USA, Inc. All Rights Reserved.